Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Heifer Project Field Trip






Cade and I went to the Heifer Ranch today in Perryville for his field trip! It was gorgeous outside. This was my first time to go and I was so excited because I have always wanted to know more about it. The ranch has goats, sheep, cattle, llamas, camels, water buffalo, rabbits, horses, and pigs. The kids learn about how one single goat can make a humongous difference in the life of a family in a place like Africa. The goat can provide milk, materials, muscle, money, meat, and 2 other "m" words that have escaped me. If a family can own just a goat, then they can sell extra milk and send their kids to school. I was once again humbled at how lavishly we live in our country. It was great fun to do something with just Cade (and a ton of other first and second graders!)

No comments: