Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Locust??




For some reason, this crazy insect gave me visions of Revelation Chapter 9 where it talks about locusts coming down upon the earth and they are given power like that of Scorpions...instructed to harm only those who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads. They are not able to kill their victims, but they are able to torture them for 5 whole months. Men will not even be able to "find" death in their agony.

There are so many things that fascinate me about eschatology (end times stuff.) I really sometimes can't get enough of it all and have to remind myself that the Christian walk is about so much more than this subject. I really get giddy studying dispensational premillenialism, etc. And then I read about the locusts who have teeth like lions and faces like humans and I shudder in terror that what I should be doing is praying for the lost and that God would be merciful. Oh, God, make me bold in my witness. You certainly don't need me in order to bring about salvation in another's life, but what joy if you can use me!

No comments: