Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Gardenia Goodness













I am pretty sure that only my Mom will appreciate this post! My gardenia bush is in full bloom and smells absolutely divine. Gardenias smell so fresh and clean! You really can't capture their essence in anything that claims to smell like gardenia. They are my Mom's favorite flower in the world. (Or maybe just the best smelling.) Last year, Eric hacked away at my bush and I thought for sure it would never come back...but it did! Enjoy the pics. I wish computers had scratch and sniff...they smell so sweet! I was noticing today that as the petals on the gardenias grow out and are about to fall off, they get a little bit curly and almost appear to be dancing. That is how I want my life to be...as I grow closer and closer to going to see my Jesus, I want my life to become one big dance before Him. Those petals make me think that even flowers display His glory and praise their Creator. Mom...if you lived any closer, I would pick every single bloom and bring them to you!

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Even Bath and Body works can't capture the smell for you? How very sad. Great pictures. Made me want to stop and smell the roses...or gardenia's. Whatever.

blessedpath said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures!! You are becoming quite the photographer! We have some yellow and pink rose bushes in our yard and I really do try and stop to smell them occasionally. Only God could make such beautiful things.....how can people not believe?

Little Oak Table said...

wanna hear something funny? i went to nat's today and they just planted a gardenia. i smelled it. yum-o! nothing like it!

Anonymous said...

ok...I;ll try again. I posted last night but it would not go thru.

No Kelly, even Bath and Body works can't capture the smell...I tried it. So, God has a special something that we humans cannot duplicate when it comes to Gardenia smell!
I imagine my heaven spot having gardenias and honeysuckle growing everywhere..along the beach mind ya, so I can walk in the sand, listen to the waves crashing, and smell gardenia and huneysuckle all at the same time. Oh My...I'm ready to go!!
Thank you darling darling for offering to pick all the blooms for me, that would take you awhile from the looks of the picture...there are alot!!
Your pictures are beautiful, I can almost smell them just from looking.Thank you for the sweet post...I love you!! MOM

The Uptons said...

Yay..another gardenia freak! I love, love, love mine. Chloe and I are always snipping little blooms off to put in the bathrooms or kitchen and it is such a blessing to walk by and catch a hint of fresh gardenia. As an added bonus, they look really pretty too! BTW great Pictures!

the Percifuls said...

I love reading your blog, Becke'. Sometimes you are so eloquent, it's like reading really great poetry! Thanks for being such a beautiful person, and then sharing it with all your friends.

Anonymous said...

I hung the clippings you gave me in my car upside-down until we got home. The car smelled delicious all day-- I just kept smiling at the way that scent tickles your insides! After I got Savannah out, we planted them beside the house. I'm hoping to see some new shoots in a few weeks. :)