Friday, June 13, 2008

The longness of it all

Sometimes I hate giving titles to blogs. Goodness. It has been a long 3 days. Eric has been out of town since 5 a.m. Wednesday. My patience level is about gone. I silently prayed on the way home that God would be strong because I am definitely weak. (This after seeing some random wire art in some one's yard...a statue standing up while showing off his biceps.) What?? Anyway, I have a headache. I am about to hang a sign on the bathroom door that says "This Bathroom Closed." With potty training and Eli's overactive bladder, I am tired of seeing the toilet. And smelling the toilet. And cleaning the toilet. I think I might transfer the Lysol disinfectant wipes to the bathroom. Genius. Why did I not think of this sooner? Eric just called...9:20 and he landed. He was supposed to be home at 7. I hate delayed flights. I love my husband and the stability he brings to our home. I hate taking three boys to the ball field by myself. I can handle watching 2...but combine that with watching the one that is actually playing ball, and things get more difficult. I know they miss their Daddy. Eli wanted to stay up so he could see him. Sorry, little fella, but if I don't put you to bed, I might say even more things I don't want to say.

I thought tonight of the year that my Dad commuted and Mom was left with 5 kids and a small farm by herself for 5 days a week. I wonder what her prayers sounded like for that year. Sometimes I think that other people are stronger than me, and then I am reminded that we can all access the same grace and strength. Jesus is enough. He is all we need.

Tomorrow should be loads of fun! We are celebrating Cade's 8th birthday by going to Wild River Country for the first time. The boys are ecstatic.

Good night.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

It is really hard sometimes, isn't it? Some days I feel like I'm spending most of my time apologizing for being impatient.
I hope you guys have a great day at WRC!!

Anonymous said...

I know what you're feeling, Sista!!!
Kim