Monday, June 23, 2008

Just in Case You Were Wondering...

Well, just in case you were wondering, you can get your Christmas groove on and hop on over to Hobby Lobby and start buying all of the Christmas decorations for the holiday. The holiday that is, ummmm, exactly 6 months and 2 days away. And since they have Christmas stuff out, you are in luck, because the Thanksgiving and Fall decorations are right around the corner!

Putting out things this insanely early is a real pet peeve of mine! I am trying to enjoy swimming, VBS, and $2 Tuesdays at Playworld...not really wanting to immerse my brain into the materialism that the Christmas season unfortunately brings. I just have to know...does anyone really buy stuff this early? Aren't most people paying for vacations and saving money for school supplies and new school clothes? Thanks for letting me vent! And let me know what kind of Santa Cookie Jar you pick out!

4 comments:

The Uptons said...

I'm with ya sister... the deep reds and greens just don't jive with our summer whites and pastels! Thats why I just don't go to Hobby Lobby...too much temptation!

Little Oak Table said...

You have got to be kidding! And what is up with the store downtown who keeps Christmas-y ribbon and greenery above their front door year round? I wander if it is some kind of Christmas in July promotion? I'm with you and Casie, summer is about lemons and sunshine! Not Santy Claus!

blessedpath said...

I went to Hobby Lobby for the very first time last week.....WOW! Self-control is a must there! They have EVERYTHING under the sun there.....yeah, they did have Christmas stuff out already (we skipped those aisles) NOT ready for that!

The Moore's said...

Totally thought the same thing last week when I was there! Just in case you're looking for an alternative to the Christmas materialism, check out adventconspiracy.org (maybe .com...I can't remember) Anyway, our family is going to try this to a small extent by taking our $50 each ($100 per couple)set aside for the family name we draw and using it to do something great for someone else either locally or globaly. Then at Christmas, we'll tell our stories! We'd love for our kiddos to be involved too..any suggestions?