Friday, June 13, 2008

Model Time

Well, Eli and I are back home. After a 5 hour total trip, I am SOOO thankful that Barbara kept Cade and Eli for me. I don't know what to say about the experience, except I am so thankful that Eli pays attention well and is obedient to instructions.

The whole setup is this: Wow Wow Wubbzy (Nickelodeon cartoon) now has neat things you can make...crocheted stuffed animals, pillows, afghans, you get the picture. The idea was to get two little girls plus Eli to pretend to watch TV as they snuggled the cartoon stuffed animals and eat popcorn. (The popcorn idea was genius.) I know this sounds very simple, but 2 and a half hours later, I kept hearing the word "composition." (I guess that means they were going to crop the bad out and insert the good.) The difficult part came in when each kid had to sit the correct way, hold the character the correct way, and laugh/smile (all together.) This is tricky. If you have ever tried to photograph 2 or more kids together at the same time, it is just tricky. And then factor in the "product" that they are trying to sell in the catalog that has to be positioned the right way....things just get tricky. The photographer and set manager were VERY patient and kind. I guess they have to be...it is their job.

I was so proud of Eli! He did exactly what was required of him and seemed to really enjoy himself. Who wouldn't enjoy getting paid to eat popcorn? (Well...not sure the little girls enjoyed it to be honest.) We treated ourselves to McDonalds afterwards...in Conway. I was in search of just ONE fast food place on HWY 10 in Little Rock, but I only saw nice places like Carino's, Bone Fish Grill, Izzy's, Blue Coast Burrito, and McCallisters. So, we waited. The Southern Style Chicken Sandwich was worth the wait! Yummo.

No comments: