Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ode to Skirtini


When I first laid eyes on you, I knew you were the one for me

I first saw you on the website of Spiegel, so cheery and free.

You, hot pink and magenta in hue,

With a full skirt to keep larger things out of view.


The price was even the right sum,

Only $15 for the top and $15 for the bottom.

Where else can you find a gorgeous suit for so cheap?

Eric was going to kiss me and leap.


And then you arrived, a joyful day it was being,

Until I tried you on and you smiled back at me, jeering.

The bottom wasn't high enough to cover the muffin top,

The top made me look like Dolly, squeezing things into a lop.


Oh, the love in my heart soon grew cold,

The thought of paying to send you back was enough to make me old.

Off to another store or website, I shall goes,

Til I find a suit worthy of my horrible prose.

8 comments:

the Percifuls said...

Too, too funny!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I hate shopping for bathing suits! At least you made the best of it by writing a poem. :-)

Anonymous said...

that was great. don't we all hate swimsuit season......thanks for the laugh.

Jenny said...

Ohhhh... too funny! You're quite the writer. I have a few things that don't fit me, maybe you can write me some poems to post:) It was a really cute suit:(

The Moore's said...

So sad for you about the swimsuit! I hate when a potentially great suit goes terribly wrong! I had a swimsuit issue too this season...found the perfect suit...love it...really love it...first one in 4 years...wore it on vacation in a hotel pool...every ounce of beautiful color faded from suit! So sad! At least I could rest easy about not catching any funky disease in the pool.

Little Oak Table said...

that is the FUNNIEST thing ever. uh-hmmmm, the poem, not the mean pink suit!

natalie went to dillards and found a really cute suit. free shipping and all. it was cash and carry i believe :).

blessedpath said...

How Funny!! That is a cute suit though. I usually have the same experience with suits, they are all cute until they go on my bod :(
enjoyed the poem, very catchy!

The Uptons said...

bless your heart...i am feeling ya! love the poem...too cute. swimsuit shopping always makes me wish i could design and sew my own! hmmm...coutour (sp?) swimsuit...somehow i don't think darling chad would go for that one!