Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

This is a big day in our house! Besides Father's Day, it is also Cade's 8th birthday. How in the world is he already 8 years old? I am beside myself. Yesterday, it seems, he was lying on Eric's bare chest...spitting up all over his neck. He was quite the spitter, let me tell you! I remember Eric's first Father's Day...Cade was 3 days old! We had just gotten settled in and Eric was already the pro...changing diapers and lugging around the huge baby carrier. He was a tremendous Daddy 8 years ago and he has gotten more gracious and loving every year. He loves to teach them about sports, Jesus, and how to treat their Momma. He loves telling them that people are precious because we are made in God's image. I am blessed beyond measure to have him as the Father of my boys.

My Dad is a precious man. He loves to laugh and cut up. He is a hard worker and grateful for everything he receives. His friends and coworkers would describe him as extremely loyal. He taught us to not take things for granted and to be decisive and make your decisions work. I remember the hot August day he and the rest of the family dropped me off at college...2 and half hours away. It was the first time that I remember seeing him cry. I think it must have ripped his heart out to see his baby girl so grown up. Dad is quiet...not to share all of the burdens of his heart...afraid to burden someone else. I treasure all of our memories showing cattle. It was some of the best times of my life...spending all of that time with my Daddy. Thank you for loving each of your children WELL! I love you!

My Father in law is a blessing to me. Since he has retired, he has helped out where possible with the boys. He often took them to school and picked them up. He and Cade had a little game going where "Papa" would be the first in line to pick him up. (Just what I need...someone to make my son MORE competitive. HA!) Everyone who meets Herb admires him and values his wisdom and input. Herb is very gracious and non judgmental. My favorite thing to do with him is sit down and talk about anything "prophetic." It is just fun! Thank you for raising three Godly sons and giving one of them to me for marriage!! Love ya!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

All of it was sooo sweet... brought tears to my eyes, especially the part about your dad crying when he dropped you off for college. I'm sure that time will come all too soon.