Monday, June 2, 2008

It's My Birthday, and I'll Blog If I Want To!!





WHOO-HOO!!!!!! I am 31!!! This birthday has been awesome. For some reason, turning 30 hit me really hard. Being 31 is fun...such a breeze and not nearly as emotional as last year. I had such a fun birthday weekend. Saturday night, Eric and I went to Little Rock with Todd and Michelle. We ate kickin' Mexican at Juanita's and then went to see "Prince Caspian"...which is awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed our 6 hour double-birthday, double-date. (Michelle's bday is close to mine.) Sunday after church, the boys and Eric treated me to Cracker Barrell for brunch. MMMMMM. Sunday night, we had bday dinner at Herb and Barbara's. They totally surprised me by inviting our friends, Jason and Kim. They came--all the way from Harrison-- to celebrate with me. I felt so special. The pic above is of me and Kim. They are in the process of moving to Bryant and I am so excited that we will be closer together! Today...my actual birthday, was a busy one! The boys started swim lessons today...which took up a couple of hours. Then, Herb and Barbara let the boys nap over at their house so I could make a huge Walmart trip all by myself. Whew...that itself is a great present! Then, we ended the festivities at Stoby's...where kids eat free on Monday nights...and now I just finished my complimentary piece of Italian Cream cake. MMMMM.
My prayer for while I am 31 is that God would grant me more and more of the kind of faith that pleases Him. Whether you call it childlike faith, or Christlike faith, I want so much of it that I no longer live in anxiety or worry about anything. That would be a nice gift!
I wanted to thank my parents for not giving up "trying" to have me. They waited 7 long years til I finally came along. Thank you for being patient with God's timing. I am so thankful to you both for loving me well and teaching me truth. I love you more and more as the days go by. Wish I could have seen you all on this day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you were on our minds, and in our hearts today. We thought about you, talked about you, wished we were with you. We loved the day you were born...such joy. Our little japanese sumo baby. But, you were so beautiful, such a long awaited gift from God. And you have continued to be a gift, a blessing from God. We could not be prouder of the woman of God you have become. We could not love you more. Happy, Happy Birthday. MOM

Your Dad says he can't type well, but, would I please tell you that he loves you very much, and he sure misses having you as a cow partner. Good memories tho.

Kelli said...

I know I called earlier, because I'm all awesome and stuff, but I thought I'd document a big fat Happy Birthday on your blog as well! Glad it was a good one. See you in a couple of days!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Becke'!
Sounds like you've been celebrating for a week!!!
Pam

the Percifuls said...

Happy birthday!!

Little Oak Table said...

uh hmmmm....

the comment of shame...

a day late...

or is it just that i want the festivites to keep going...

here is a little song for you...

friends are friends forever, if the lords the lord of them, and a...haha ok, i won't brake out a camp song from the 80's

what can i say? i love ya and i hope you are having a wonderful birthday month! can we turn it into a month long celebration?

Jenny said...

Happy "late" birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful time!!!

blessedpath said...

Happy Birthday...did all the Stuart boys marry girls born in June??? Hey your sister in law sure did leave a prideful messageHEE-HEE:)

Anonymous said...

I made the blog!!! We had such fun with you guys too. And by the way, the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" song is really cool!
Kim