Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Deluge of 2008









My goodness! There is a whole lotta water out there! Sam and I got adventurous and ventured out to Kroger. It was quite the comical event. Let me describe. First of all, we are "rain gear" poor in our house. I couldn't find an umbrella to save my life. This was not too heartbreaking, because umbrellas are worthless when grocery shopping with an almost 3 year old...or any age child for that matter. It is impossible to hold an umbrella while loading up a kid and groceries. If you have figured out the trick to this, then let me know.

So, I naturally started looking for a rain coat or jacket or anything else that might slick off the rain. The best thing I could find was my leather coat. Feeling pretty confident that I didn't want to head down that path, I rummaged around a found an AR Razorback parka. You know, the kind that looks like an XL white trash sack with red razorbacks painted all over it. The kind that you expect to see a college student wearing...only because their job is to bring in the grocery carts. The kind that when worn correctly, leaves absolutely no peripheral vision. But, it would serve the purpose, so off we went.

Poor Sam only had a jacket on. I can't even find rain coats for our kids. What a bad Mommy! I made him walk under my parka as we waltzed around puddles into the store. I don't think he really like that too much.
After grabbing a bag of onions, I threw the parka on top of them (on the lower part.) Needless to say, we marched ourselves BACK into Kroger to pay for the onions that I didn't see the first time around.

I have decided that I want some rain gear! Nice polka dot rain boots and a cute little rain jacket to match would be a great Christmas present!

The pictures at the top will help, I am sure!

PS--Kroger almost always asks me if I need help out to my car. I usually nicely defer, thinking they could help someone in real need. I was pumped up about that help today...if ONLY they had offered it! :)
PPS--Kroger was nicely playing the song you hear now. I guess every rainy day needs a little sunshine...even if it comes only through music!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness, y'all must have been starving at your house! I'd have to be pretty desperate to go shopping in this. :-)

blessedpath said...

I would have ventured out also.....for my diet coke, of course!! Love all those boots!! So true, we don't really own rain gear either. I need snow boots too because we always go sledding and I'm in my old tennies. You actually look cute in your parka...we have some BRIGHT blue ones from Sea World.

Little Oak Table said...

girl, you are too much!

those rain boots would also make a great birthday present! but, christmas for you since it will come b/f your bday.

i realized yesterday that my boys have no tennis shoes. we have flip flops, nice leather sandals and nice leather boots but no tennis shoes. i'm a bad mommy too!!

and my boys went out in WINTER PULLOVERS WITH HOODS. they were probably sweating pigs.

we went out last night too, bueno and mamaw's...the whole time i was thinking, "am i crazy to load the bus and head out in gustav's fury?!!" smile.

i'm heading up to fay. either tonight or tommorow to work with brit on some stuff!