Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Perfect Morning

MMMM, what a good day.

Eric let me sleep in. I woke up to the smell of cinnamon rolls and bacon. I rolled out of bed to the computer to pick my college football pick em' games. Later, Barbara came over and let Eric and I go SHOPPING!! By OURSELVES! We got his birthday presents bought and his Christmas present bought from his parents. We got Sam's birthday present.

We strolled through Target, Kohl's, Home Depot, and CBO without any kids telling us they need to go to the bathroom or that they are hungry as hippos. The outside air was brisk and it felt like fall! It reminded us of our early marriage days...when we would go shopping in Little Rock and then go to the Hog game. MMMM, we even got coffee. Actually went INSIDE to get coffee. Actually stayed in the coffee shop for a few minutes and talked to some friends we saw. No kids on our legs. Did I say earlier that I wanted another kid? Maybe it is an empty nest that I really want!

You want to know another reason why it was a perfect day? Ted Dekker's new book, "Sinner" is out. I wasn't even expecting it. And there it was at CBO, screaming "Buy Me!" So, I obliged. (If you haven't read Dekker, don't start with this book...Showdown, Saint, and Skin precede Sinner.)

We got home and Barbara had taught Cade how to vacuum. And guess what, he vacuumed my whole house. Yes, a perfect day.

Now, I am going to go make my favorite soup...Mexican Chicken Soup. MMMM, I love "pre-fall."

4 comments:

Jenny said...

That does sound like a perfect day!!!

Kirby said...

Can you bring Cade to Harrison so he can vacuum my house now? That would be great!

the Fosters said...

What a great day! Sounds like so much fun!

Hope Cade continues with the vacuuming! What a nice gift to come home to!

Kim said...

Sounds great! Did you guys go to the game too? I'm guessing not or we would have heard about it.