Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Little Blunder

So, I was singing at church this morning. I was already nervous about the morning because I didn't get to practice with the gang on Thursday night. During second service sermon time, I decided to venture into our library and kill some time before we went back up on stage. I just love books. Really, just looking at all of the titles gives me a sugar rush like a kid who eats all of his Christmas stocking candy in the span of 3 minutes. So, I guess I was having way too much fun and lost track of time. My friend Mendy poked her head in the library and said, "Aren't you supposed to be up there with them??" AHHHH!! I RAN all the way from the library to the back of the stage where I could poke my head out of the curtain for all to see..."wait for me, here I am!" Well, they were already singing, "Sing to the King." I couldn't breathe, much less sing! So, I just mouthed it for awhile, trying to not remind myself that I was the only girl on melody that morning. Sheesh. Why couldn't we sing, "Breathe to the King" for crying out loud! Maybe my obsession with books won't get in the way of my obsession with singing the next go round!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh that is toooo funny! I can just feel your embarassment!
But, did you find us any good books I need to know about?????? Mom

blessedpath said...

Time does seem to get away from us when we are "kid -free" doesn't it. I wish I could sing on the worship team.....if only I had a good voice....details, details. Hope you had a relaxing weekend. Oh, and love the new pic on your blog title!

Kelli said...

That's funny. That happened to me last year. Actually, there were four of us singing on team and three of us were late so one poor guy had to sing the last two songs by himself! Good times.

Kirby said...

Haha, I can say that I don't believe that will ever happen to me. At least not in a library, now if it was a room full of electronics... yea I lose track of time real quickly in those rooms.

Three Against One said...

Well all I can say is you could have been distracted by something a lot worse than a book so hey at least it was something as great as books! Lesson learned right, even us moms still learn something from time to time, too funny!