Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday, Sam!!!











First party...family! He got a new "kid" goal and a new set of clubs.














The below are from his second party...KIDS! Here, Savannah is trying to steal all of my vintage VHS tapes. She knows a good thing when she sees it!


The below is of Carter, getting his daily shot of caffeine. No lie, the boy loves coffee!!!






It has been party central over here! Sam turns 3 today! I can't really believe this...everything seems to go faster with the 3rd born. I don't know why that is...but I don't know that I like it!

Samuel Brennan got his name the moment we found out he was a boy. I cried when my Doctor told me he was a boy. I thought I wanted a girl so badly. Combine that desire with some pregnancy hormones and I was crying a river when Dr. Cole uttered the news. After he saw the first tears fall, he told me his Momma raised 3 Godly boys and that everything would be perfect. As soon as I accepted the whole thing...(span of about 2 seconds...once you see that perfect being inside of you, you don't care what it is), I became grateful for the opportunity to be a Mommy to another boy. My first two had absolutely stolen my heart and I was sure that this one would be no different!

When the little guy came into the world screaming his head off with a head full of blond hair, I knew he would be different! He definitely looks like his Daddy...some of the baby picture comparisons are downright scary! Sam was a perfect baby. He loved to sleep, he was a good eater, and he was almost always content. Sam was as laid back as could be. Yep, he captured my heart, as well.
As a two year old, he became a bit more feisty. Being the third born is not always an easy challenge, but Sam was determined to make sure everyone knew he existed and that he could hold his own against his two tough brothers. I really don't think it has ever crossed his mind that he is younger than Cade and Eli! He tries to do what they do, and often succeeds. I have to remind myself that he IS younger, and therefore, should have more defined boundaries!

My laid back baby got a bit strong willed, but I love his fierce independence and strength of character. I don't think he will be easily swayed by peer pressure as he gets older. If he doesn't want to do something, he simply doesn't do it...and he could care less about what people think of him. He marches to a different drum beat and God bless him for it!

Sam has always been a comfort to be around. He has been "easy" to be around...making you feel at comfort with him and yourself. Cade has always exuded feelings of pride in Eric and I as parents. Eli has exuded feelings of delight and joy. Sam exudes feelings of peace and calmness.

Eli summed it up pretty well the other day when he told me that Sam was no longer a baby. He informed me that he is now a "kid." Well, "Here's looking at you, KID!" I love you with all my being Sam...you are my only 3rd born son!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post! Happy birthday, Sam!

blessedpath said...

Happy Birthday Sam! He and Sloan could be brothers! They look soo much alike! What a sweetheart, he does look older, they seem to lose that baby look at age 3, don't they. Cute cake with the m&ms!!

Campbell Crusade said...

Thank you for the comment. It was a very bittersweet day, but mostly a very special day. Good to be with close friends.
I loved looking and reading thru your latest posts! Sam is a cutie! (As well as the other two;-) I cannot believe he is 3. I remember you were pregnant with him that time you came to my house for Steph's shower. And now he's 3!! You are such a great mommy and I adore the family you all share. God in the middle is what makes it great.
Take care!

Kelli said...

Shoot! Aunt Kelli didn't mail a card again!! AAAAAGGGHHH! Happy Birthday sweet Sam. We love you and are so glad that you're our third, fiesty nephew! We look forward to many fun memories as you grow up and hope and pray that someday you and Tia get along. You're both just a little too much alike! Hope you enjoy your day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday Sam!
Can't wait til you come up this weekend so we can have another birthday party...for you AND aunt Mini!
Mim

Kim said...

Happy Birthday, Sam!!!

Jenny said...

How fun!!! Isn't it neat how their personalities can be so different?

Happy Birthday Sam!!

the Fosters said...

What a great post, Becke'! He will appreciate all the wonderful things you said about him one day!

Samantha said...

I can't believe that he is three! Time sure flies! You have three very sweet, very wonderful boys.

And those are some great pictures

Amelia said...

Happy Late birthday Sammy-who-who!
I hope you have a gerat time being 3 years old! You're getting so big, before you know it, you will be in school just like your brothers!

Sissy, I love the black and white pictures the best! Sam is definiately a black and white man! Those are cute, great job photographer!

-Amelia

Anonymous said...

Sam's birthday has always been a favorite day of mine... it's my birthday too!
This post is so sweet, someday Sam should read it, and know how he was surrounded by love as a babe!
You and Eric are doing a great job with those boys, it is obvious!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sam, LOVE the cake are those M&M'S??

Hill Reflects said...

Happy belated Birthday from the Hill family, Sam. Hope it was fun.