Thursday, September 18, 2008

Knocked Flat on my Back!

It has been two of the worst sickness days ever! My PA friend is pretty sure I have a viral infection of the inner ear. Sounds awful, huh? It hit me suddenly at 10 am on Tuesday. Waves of dizziness combined with outbursts of vertigo...which led to feelings of nausea and tummy aches. I can't even walk a straight line without holding on to the walls. The poor kids have been good and fended a lot for themselves.

The motion sickness pill, meclizine has taken some of the edge off, but then I get sleepy! I have slept a TON these past two days. The only relief I can find is a dark room that has a bed! This infection typically lasts about 48 hours...which would end at 10 am today. Pray with me that it does!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that you are sick. What do you need? Is Eric out of town? I'm at work today, but I can call someone to come sit with you. Betty Downs

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet, Betty! Eric is in town and my in laws can help when needed. Thanks for your offer of help, though! Becke'

Kirby said...

Ok, by my calculations you should almost be healthy again. Are you? I sure hope so!

Becke' said...

Kirby...I think it might be passing! I am not normal...but I am blogging and not flat on my back! Whoop!
Becke'

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, I completely understand because I've had those before! Just take it easy and take dramamine and/or decongestant to help clear out some of the dizziness. I pray you get lots of rest and that this is gone soon!! Rebecca : )

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I've never had anything like that before, but it sure sounds awful! Hope you're back on your feet (and can stay that way) soon! What are you doing with Sam during the days? Are your in-laws taking care of him?

Kim said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about that. It's 1 now, so hopefully things are continuing to ease up. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I think it has passed! Praise the Lord!! I had some Mexican at lunch to test things out...nothing is swimming...and it probably should be after all the salsa I drank. Thanks for the prayers!
Becke'

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better now!

In His Army said...

Glad that you feel like it's easing up. Sorry you have felt so awful!

the Fosters said...

That stinks! Hope you start feeling better soon. Very sweet thought that your sister's friends did.

The Moore's said...

Girl, I'm so sorry to hear you've been so sick. I hope you're feeling better now!