Monday, September 29, 2008

Eli's 1st Package! (and a flashback to the 80's)


Well, the little dude got his first package in the mail today! I let him get it out of the mailbox and when he saw his name on the package, he beamed from ear to ear. He tore into that thing and was so delighted with the new stencil set, paint set, and stickers. Way to go, Mim! He loves mail!
I was listening to the christian music station on tv today. They were playing a ton of 80's flashbacks. Songs by Twila Paris "God is in Control", Larnelle Harris "Friends in High Places", John Elefante "That's Why God Made the Moon," and Leslie Phillips, "Strength of my Life." Good times! It made me wonder what these old school artists are up to these days.
Speaking of the 80's, Eric and I caught an episode of "Airwolf" last night. Do you guys remember this cool tv show with the coolest helicopter ever? It has like the best tv song theme ever. Sing it with me :Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo....yeah, like whatever! Hey, do you like love how I am using the word like in all my sentences? Like, Oh My Gosh! Such an 80's thing to do...insert "like" before every conceivable word!
So, like, what are your favorite remembrances of the 80's? Like, you don't even have to mention Reagan, he is like, soooo on the list already! Like, I remember clean sitcoms like Mr. Belvedeere, Growing Pains, and the Cosby Show. What about you?
On a side note, I signed up for this Bible study by Beth Moore that starts tomorrow. I had no idea what it was about, but as I was looking up some stuff on the net today, I came across it and it is like about the Jewish feasts! How cool is that? God is like so amazing and funny.

7 comments:

the Percifuls said...

I like totally loved the eighties! Anybody wanna Wang Chung tonight? :)

the Percifuls said...

p.s. Thanks for like reminding me about the bible study. I had like totally forgotten about it!

blessedpath said...

Like, do you remember teen wolf?? We drove to the Halloween store yesterday and a guy wearing a white tux in full teen wolf body hair, was dancin and wavin to the cars as they drove by. So funny. I can't believe the ultra wide "wrestling"'belts are back in style. I am guilty of so many bad 80's trends as I graduated HS in 1986! My kids love to get mail too, a reminder to us all of life's simple pleasures.

Kelli said...

Dude, you're, like, totally hilarious and righteous ya know? Really wicked. My favorite remembrances of the 80's are, like the styles, man. I rocked the crimped side ponytail like nobody's business. And, like, the units belts and high top sneakers. Totally rad!

Anonymous said...

I, like, ummm draw blood on Twilla Paris! No kiddin..she's a patient at the clinic where I work. Like, how cool is that!?? Mom

the Fosters said...

Looks like Eli really enjoyed getting some mail! I still love getting mail.
Oh, by the way, love you pics in the new 501 Life magazine. You look so pretty.

Mark and Cari said...

Becke what I remember is wearing two colors of socks. On the right foot you would wear hot pink ones on top and black ones on bottom and then on the left foot black on top and green on bottom. Ugh! I can't believe we did that. Sorr, but since I was born in the 80's they only thing I pretty much remember is the horrible fashion style.