Friday, September 12, 2008

One of my little addictions


We were in Ace Hardware tonight and I ran into the Fusion part of the store. I think that is what it is called....anyway, doesn't matter. This little cave for women is sheer marketing genius on Ace's part. It is this little enclosed part of the store dedicated to all of those women in the world who could care less about every tool and gadget the place has to offer. Fusion offers women high dollar candles, adorable aprons, ceramic roosters that cost twenty times more than a real rooster, and high fashion jewelry. It just feels good to waltz into there, knowing you can't afford anything except for the little votive candle that cost $2.10 and will burn for 33 minutes. It feels good to look at clear/pear colored glass that has been transformed into the cutest flour and sugar holders you have ever seen.

Back to my addiction...that would be the candles. I really appreciate a good smelling candle! One that has a ton of good perfume inside that doesn't burn up in a few days. One that goes to the tune of Yankee, Trapp, or Tyler. And Tyler they had! $19.99 will buy you the newest and largest scent they had to offer..."Stardom." It smelled so good I wanted to bottle it up in a perfume and go spray happy with it. I can't even describe the smell...all I know is it made me smile. So...if you want to smile, go to Fusion and get you a big whiff. And, Christmas is only 3 and half months away. I think a $2.10 votive would make a great little stocking stuffer don't you? It might even last longer than 33 minutes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Becke', you have figured out how to do a lot of stuff on the blog. Surely you can think of a way to 'scratch and sniff' under that candle so we can smell it. I may be forced to make a run to Ace just to smell the candle.
Barb