Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend Rundown...





























































We went to see my family over the weekend. Great times! All of the "big boys" (age 8 and up) went to the just GLORIOUS Razorback game. We girls and little guys were smarter than that and had some real fun!

We started our day at Fayetteville Botanical Gardens...amazing! I want to go back sometime without kids so I can actually read about each plant. It is the most breathtaking spot ever! It is every aspiring photographer's dream! Eli and Sam enjoyed the "kiddie garden"...complete with a tree house that had a huge bird's nest at the top. The little girl with Mini is a girl she babysits...she didn't mind smiling for the camera. Why are little boys so full of energy the hardest thing in the world to photograph???
We then loaded our bellies with McDonald's and went to Lokomotion! It is this fun, fun, fun place that has everything from arcade and bumper boats to putt putt and go-karts. Eli got to ride the go-kart by himself and was beside himself with joy. He was so intense while driving, we couldn't even get him to look our way and smile! Sam was upset that he isn't quite 4 years old...he REALLY wanted to drive one, too!

We then crossed the huge bridge that leads to the putt putt course. We watched the fish and turtles swim down below and then headed to our golf game. If Sam hadn't been so tired, I think he really would have enjoyed this part. He would carry his ball to about 2 inches from the hole and putt away. He really enjoyed the challenge! HA! Needless to say, by the time we got that kid down for a nap, we had to WAKE him up at 5:30!

Later that night, we had a birthday party for Sam and Amelia. Nana and Grandad came...we went to eat prior to the party at AQ Chicken House...MMMM. Sam got tons of toys and Mini got tons of clothes. Fun day!

5 comments:

In His Army said...

What a fun weekend! Your photos are great--I enjoyed looking at them! Have a great week. And little boys are the HARDEST to get pictures of!!!! But you sure got some good ones of your cuties!

blessedpath said...

What awesome pictures, as usual. It is sooo good for the soul to go home and be with family, isn't it. Thank you for your sweet words about Spanky. We will definately be getting another dog, but I want to mourn him awhile....he was so special to me, I'd feel guilty if I got one now.

Pam said...

Becke'
I'm glad you had such a great weekend with your family. I've been wanting to go to the botanical gardens but we haven't made it yet. I LOVE the picture of the sunflower--they're my favorite. Of course Lokomotion is one of the boys' favorites.
We are going to keep the pool open all year and see how it goes. I like just looking at it! The boys have still been in it as of a couple of days ago. It's supposed to be warm the next few days so maybe the water will warm up just a little.
Pam

the Percifuls said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! I love the pictures!

Kim said...

Sounds like a really fun weekend!!! I'll have to take the girls to those places sometime when I'm up that way!